Packing for Your Trip
- Examine your itinerary before packing to make sure that you pack activity-appropriate clothes. Are you going to be hiking? Or attending the theatre? Make sure you are aware of your itinerary so that you can comfortably participate in all of your activities! Log in to view your itinerary.
- Check the weather forecast for your specific destination so you can pack weather-appropriate clothes. Visit Weather.com for more detailed climate information and weather forecasts.
- Make a list of all the items you are going to need on your trip, then check items off as you put them in your luggage. Here are a few suggestions for what to bring on the trip.
- Pack light! Bring only the essentials. Remember, you are responsible for carrying your own luggage, so don’t make it so heavy that you can’t pick it up!
- Make the most of your limited space. You can only bring one standard-sized luggage and one carry-on bag with you on your tour. Roll up your heavy clothing before packing them, stuff your socks and belts into your shoes and wear your jacket on the plane to maximize space. Don’t forget to leave room for souvenirs!
- Mix and Match. Pack jeans, khakis and plain T-shirts that can be worn more than once and swapped around to create more outfits.
- Pack a dressy outfit! Many cathedrals and religious sites require that shoulders and knees be covered. If it is warm, plan for this by packing a light sweatshirt and long pants or skirt for women.
- Bring travel-sized toiletries. Bring your shampoo and moisturizer in smaller sizes to reduce space, and the weight, of your luggage.
- Pack all important items in your carry-on. Unfortunately, lost luggage happens. Pack your passport and visas, your money, medications and a change of clothes in your carry on, so that you still have your travel essentials should your checked luggage be misplaced.
- Make your luggage stand out. Tie a brightly colored ribbon to the handle of your luggage to make it easy to pick out at a crowded baggage claim.